[UPDATE: To learn more about the important (but hidden) horror of child slavery and abuses in the chocolate industry, check out Fair Trade Films: Child Slavery in the Cocoa Industry.]
However, if you’re planning to stay home to pass out candy, don’t worry; you can join in the Fair Trade love, too! Make your Halloween sweet for the kids in your neighborhood (and the kids in cocoa producing countries) by passing out Fair Trade chocolate.
Check out these fun options:
- Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Trick-or-Treat Action Pack – $17.50 (40 chocolate minis, a stack of kid-friendly info postcards, traditional Papel Picado Mexican party streamers, a 100% Eco-friendly mulberry paper Trick-or-Treat bag from Thailand, and a “Fair Trade is Boo-tiful” poster to hang on your door):
- Equal Exchange’s Organic Dark Chocolate Minis / 40 Count – $9.50 (Available at Global Exchange):
- Equal Exchange’s Organic Dark Chocolate Minis / 150 Count Display Box – $33.95 at Global Exchange / $35 at Equal Exchange:
- Equal Exchange’s Organic Dark Chocolate Minis / 888 Count – $175 (Available at Equal Exchange):
- Divine Chocolate Coins – Sale Price: $2.49 / Bag (Regularly $5.25 / Bag; Available at SERRV):
- Case of Divine Chocolate Coins – $72 / 30 Bags (Each holds approximately 21 coins; Available at SERRV):
Like to keep candy on your desk for your co-workers? Why not put out this darling, “fairly traded smoked bamboo [basket . . .] sourced from Craft Link, a non-profit that works with artisans in an effort to generate income, with a focus on ethnic minorities, street children, and artisans with disabilities.” “Filled with 12 ounces of Equal Exchange Organic Dark Chocolate Minis,” this cute basket will sweeten up your desk with style (Available at Equal Exchange):
Thanks for making this Halloween Fair Trade!
Peace and Love,
Your Fair Trade Trendsters