Since we’re always on the lookout for fashionable Fair Trade menswear, it is so much more than our pleasure to introduce you to a new Fair Trade Certified fashion house — Tompkins Point Apparel.
FTT’s Top Reasons to Lurve Tompkins Point Apparel:
1) Tompkins Point Apparel is one of the first clothing companies to be fully Fair Trade Certified from field to factory. (Maggie’s Organics is another, which we also adore. Check back soon for more info on their new line of Fair Trade Certified apparel.)
2) Tompkins Point is the epitome of classic, clean menswear at its finest. Do you love the timeless sophistication of a smart-fitting polo and khakis? While we lurve a guy with an eye for fashion, believe us; nothing melts our hearts more than a man who looks good while doing good. And Tompkins Point Apparel is certainly a do good company. Not only do they provide fair wages and working conditions for their farmers and factory workers, but they also “donate 25% of [their] profits to the communities where [their] clothing is made.”
3) Their Logo Is Adora-bull:
Move over, Mr. Alligator. Go for a trot, Mr. Pony. There’s a new logo in town, and we think he’s pretty hip. Plus, we dig the funky symbolism:
The bull represents good old fashioned American capitalism. It represents the innovation and efficiency that inherently comes when businesses focus on the customer’s desires. On the other hand, the lotus flower represents enlightenment. As in many Asian cultures, our lotus is symbolic of the fact that our company has a higher calling.
With these two symbols are combined, the logo captures the essence of Tompkins Point. At Tompkins Point, we believe in unleashing American capitalism in a new, socially responsible, ‘enlightened’ manner.”
4) Tompkins point offers a selection of polos in fun, bright colors to fit your mood and your style. (We just can’t choose. We love them all!):
5) Their polo model is super dreamy. Okay, so maybe this isn’t quite as legitimate as the dozens of reasons we are in lurve with this company, but come on folks, it needed to be said.
You heard it hear first, lovely readers. Tompkins Point is definitely a fashion house to watch. We can’t wait to see this awesome company expand.
Peace and Love,
Your Fair Trade Trendsters